Thema:
MS und Sony haben unterschiedliche Philosophien flat
Autor: hcn
Datum:22.10.16 09:34
Antwort auf:Hand hoch: Wer holt sich eine Scorpio für das Spiel? von ID

Weil der Thread ja jetzt offiziell zum Fanboy Flamewar geworden ist (wahrscheinlich auch nicht ganz unbeabsichtigt von ID), hier die Einschätzung von Digital Foundry zur Zukunft der Konsolen von MS/Sony. Scorpio ist also die MS Steambox...

But perhaps the biggest takeaway I had from the meeting with Mark Cerny was the insight into how Sony views the console generations. PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio have been seen as the beginning of the end of the jump to a new, more capable wave of hardware in favour of intermediate upgrades. What's clear is that Sony isn't buying into this. Cerny cites incompatibility problems, even moving between x86 CPU and AMD GPU architectures. I came away with the impression that PS5 will be a clean break, an actual generational leap as we know it. I do not feel the same about Project Scorpio, where all the indications are that Microsoft attempts to build its own Steam-like library around the Xbox brand, with games moving with you from one console to the next - and eventually, maybe even to the PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

< antworten >