Thema:
Re:Erweiterte Antwort von RPS flat
Autor: Slochy
Datum:03.05.17 12:35
Antwort auf:Erweiterte Antwort von RPS von Aufklaerer

>Weil ich es selbst gerade gelesen habe: [https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/02/the-tension-elation-of-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/]
>
>Ausschnitt:
>‘I don’t get it, it’s just a big deathmatch, right?’ is pretty much how I reacted to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on first viewing. Following the route of other Hunger Royale and online survival games it seemingly arrived from nowhere, with a marketing campaign focused on partnerships with popular Twitch streamers to quickly build up a huge word of mouth following. PUBG (an inelegant but much required acronym) surged to the top of the Steam charts, where it has remained since entering early-access, racking up over 2 million sales in the process.
>
>On a surface level it’s hard to grasp exactly why it’s so popular. This is a game people are purposefully running on minimum graphics settings for an all important FPS boost and as a result is fairly plain looking, if not ugly, while its collection of guns, pans and painkillers are standard enough fare. I understand the appeal now though. In more than 100 hours with the game, it has made me feel terrified more than any horror game, hands shaking as I cling to the scant cover provided by a lone tree. The flip-side of that intensity comes from a feeling of real satisfaction when you meet with success, squeals of elation have punctured the dawn as the game’s hooks drag me repeatedly past respectable hours.
>
>...

Toller Artikel, der die Essenz des Spiels tatsächlich gut in Worte kleidet.

"The loose goals, large sandbox and variety of play-styles used to earn victory help PUBG become more than the sum of its parts. It’s a tactical shooting sandbox, a story generator, and a horror game all in one, providing some of the highest highs in multiplayer gaming when the stars align and victory is earned."

Nailed it.

< antworten >