Thema:
Über die Auswahl der 21 Spiele flat
Autor: Optimus Prime
Datum:09.10.17 11:57
Antwort auf:SNES Classic Mini ist in 9 Tagen da! von Steppenwolf

Da hat sich einer im Neogaf die Arbeit gemacht und mal versucht herauszufinden was denn die populärsten 25 SNES Spiele sind.
Da hat Nintendo wohl gute Arbeit geleistet :)

[http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444979]

-----

Was chilling and thinking about the games included on the SNES Classic, and whether or not Nintendo did a good job pleasing their audience. Intuitively, I thought they did pretty well, as I'd think 80-90 percent of games on the box were auto-includes, and only a few decisions stuck out as really strange (No Chrono Trigger?). I didn't have a great sense of how well they did, though, so I set out to find out.

I made a spreadsheet (Google Docs link) of all the top SNES game lists on Google with 25 or more entries, and averaged their positions to figure out a broad sense of how people perceive what SNES games are best. I included 15 lists before I started getting results like GameFAQs forum threads, Oregon news websites, and top download lists from ROM websites, so I figured the well was basically dry and stopped.

Here's the top 25, with games included in the SNES Classic bolded:
1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Metroid
4. Super Mario World
5. Final Fantasy VI
6. Super Mario Kart
7. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
8. Street Fighter II (all versions)
9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
10. Earthbound
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Mega Man X
13. Secret of Mana
14. Final Fantasy IV
15. Super Castlevania IV
16. Star Fox
17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
18. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest
19. F-Zero
20. Contra III: The Alien Wars
21. Super Punch-Out!!
22. Super Mario All-Stars
23. Mortal Kombat II
24. ActRaiser
25. Kirby Super Star

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts is 34th, Kirby's Dream Course is 82nd, and Star Fox 2 was (obviously) unlisted.

First thing first: a bunch of lists only listed their favorite version of Street Fighter II or NBA Jam rather than both games, so I decided to combine them for ranking purposes. The Internet is pretty much directly split on whether or not they prefer Super or Turbo, and if taken individually they come in at 24th and 26th, respectively. Doing the same thing with NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE brings them up to 26th, just missing the list.

18 out of the 21 games on the SNES Classic are in the top 25 SNES games using this methodology, and a lot of the exclusions didn't make a ton of sense anyway. FFIV and DKC2 are direct sequels or predecessors to games already included, Turtles in Time is licensed, MKII has content/perception issues, and while Mario All-Stars would have been rad Nintendo has made it pretty clear they're not about handing out a bunch of Mario games like that cheaply (that said, All-Stars+SMW over SMW increases the game number to a nice, round 25).

The two that stick out are Chrono Trigger and ActRaiser, and I think a hypothetical SNES Classic that includes these over Super Ghouls n' Ghosts and Kirby's Dream Course probably pleases more people. That said, I'm a stupid internet forum poster and can't really guess if there's licensing issues here or what conversations led to which games were included (Dream Course was a major thing with GameGrumps, for example).

Even so, they got over 90 percent of the box solidly correct using this methodology + the rationale that Star Fox 2 being included is cool as shit, and I think that's pretty impressive.

-----

< antworten >