Thema:
Re:Lüfter entkoppelt und nun sind die Geräusche eindeuti flat
Autor: Pezking
Datum:06.12.20 11:28
Antwort auf:Re:Lüfter entkoppelt und nun sind die Geräusche eindeuti von membran

>>Unser Macbook Air hat ohne jeden Zweifel einen Lüfter. Und schließt man das Ding an einen 4K-Monitor an, legt der heftigst los.
>
>Die 2020er Macbook Air und Pro laufen wohl sagenhaft leise, die M1 Chips bleiben wohl so kühl unter Last, dass sie den Lüfter beim Air komplett gestrichen haben und den Lüfter beim Pro nicht als solchen bezeichnen, sondern als "active cooling system". Der trotz seines Apple-Fanboytums auch mal gerne kritische John Gruber hat die Dinger in seinem Review in einem längerem Abschnitt speziell zu Batterieleistung  und Geräuschentwicklung geradezu abgefeiert:
>
>[https://daringfireball.net/2020/11/the_m1_macs]
>
>"(...) The M1 Macs are such better machines than their Intel-based predecessors it’s hard to believe. Apple’s battery life braggadocio is warranted. The battery just lasts and lasts and lasts. I’ve been using this MacBook Pro almost exclusively on battery power all week, doing both all my normal work and running benchmarks and performance-stressing tasks, and I can’t come close to depleting it in a full day of work.
>
>It never gets hot. In normal use, it doesn’t even get warm. Maybe, sort of, when running a fully-taxing test like the Cinebench multi-core CPU benchmark, it heats up to just past room temperature above the Touch Bar, but it bears no resemblance thermally to a taxed Intel-based MacBook Pro.
>
>It has been noted that the primary performance difference between this M1 MacBook Pro and its sibling MacBook Air is thermal headroom — that the MacBook Pro has a fan, and the MacBook Air does not, thus allowing the MacBook Pro to run faster longer. The two machines are equivalently fast in a sprint, but the MacBook Pro will win a distance race. But Apple doesn’t call it a “fan”. They call it an “active cooling system”. That sounds like a marketing euphemism, but it’s not fair to call this a “fan”. It is something else altogether, and nothing at all like the cooling systems in any previous Mac laptop.
>
>I’ve never once heard it in an entire week.
>
>Never. Not once. Not a whisper.
>
>I presume it has engaged at times when I’ve taxed the system. Again, the Cinebench multi-core CPU benchmark taxes every available CPU core for 10 minutes. But if the active cooling system has kicked in, I never heard it. I’ve never felt any air moving out of the vents, either. This is nothing at all like the fans on Intel-based MacBooks, which, if you’re not familiar, you can definitely hear, to say the least.
>
>Apple, in its keynote last week, emphasized that the M1 MacBook Air has no fan. (Intel-based MacBook Airs most definitely do. The defunct 12-inch no-adjective MacBook was Apple’s only fanless Intel Mac.) Apple’s point there was to brag that the M1 runs so cool that a high-performance MacBook could be designed without one. Some Mac users, I think, mistakenly took this to mean that the Air had an advantage over the M1 MacBook Pro, in that the fanless Air would always run silently, if sometimes slower. I think this assumption was wrong: the M1 MacBook Pro is, to my ears, always silent as well. Whatever its active cooling system is doing, it isn’t making even a whisper of noise.
>
>No Intel-based laptop with vaguely comparable performance to these machines can possibly match that silence. If you care about noise, the game is already over. (...)"
>
>Was wohl auch geil sein soll, ist, wie schnell die Dinger nach dem Aufklappen aus dem Sleep einsatzbereit sind. Nicht, dass die alten Macbooks langsam wären, da dauert es 2-3 Sekunden, aber die neuen sind quasi sofort da, wie ein Tablet oder Smartphone.
>
>Überleg dir mal, ob du nicht das alte verkaufst und auf's neue Modell umsteigst. ;)

Auf gar keinen Fall. Meine Frau ist bei uns der Apple-Fan, da hänge ich mich nicht rein. Ich würde jederzeit lieber auf ein Windows-Laptop als Zweitrechner wechseln.

Aber wenn ein Macbook sie glücklich macht, ist es mir auch recht. Sie ist schließlich der größere Breadwinner bei uns, und sie quatscht mir ja auch nicht bei Unsinn wie Hot Toys rein. ;-)

< antworten >