Thema:
Klar, wenn ich die Augen zu mache.. flat
Autor: phaxy
Datum:16.01.21 09:34
Antwort auf:steht auch nix drin von chrisjones

>Ist quasi nur ein Begleitartikel zur Video Message von CD Projekt Red. Inhaltlich eher eine Zusammenfassung.
>Und ein typischer Schreier Artikel. So als Tipp: wenn du den Namen siehst, brauchst du wirklich nicht weiterlesen.

While the company extensively tested before the game’s release, Iwiński said it didn’t show many of the issues players experienced. Developers who worked on the game argued otherwise, saying that many common problems were discovered. The staff just didn’t have time to fix them.

Fans and journalists were wowed by Cyberpunk 2077’s ambition and scale. What they didn’t know was that the demo was almost entirely fake. CD Projekt hadn’t yet finalized and coded the underlying gameplay systems, which is why so many features, such as car ambushes, were missing from the final product. Developers said they felt like the demo was a waste of months that should have gone toward making the game.

“There were times when I would crunch up to 13 hours a day — a little bit over that was my record probably — and I would do five days a week working like that,” said Jakubiak, the former audio programmer, adding that he quit the company after getting married. “I have some friends who lost their families because of these sort of shenanigans.”

The overtime didn’t make development of the game any faster. At E3 in June 2019, CD Projekt announced that the game would come out on April 16, 2020. Fans were elated, but internally, some members of the team could only scratch their heads, wondering how they could possibly finish the game by then. One person said they thought the date was a joke. Based on the team’s progress, they expected the game to be ready in 2022. Developers created memes about the game getting delayed, making bets on when it would happen.
Canceling features and scaling down the size of Cyberpunk’s metropolis helped, but the team’s growth hampered some departments, developers said.

Some engineers realized that Cyberpunk was too complex of a game to run well on the seven-year-old consoles, with its city full of bustling crowds and hulking buildings. They said management dismissed their concerns, however, citing their success in pulling off The Witcher 3.

Nebenbei gibt es von Schreier eine REIHE journalistischer Arbeiten über die Zustände in der Industrie. Wie gesagt, wenn man die Augen zu kneift, ist aber alles gut :)

< antworten >